Located in and Serving Los Angeles, CA 310-737-7277
Comprehensive Bio-Identical HRT
Providing Natural Hormone Treatment for Better Health
Natural hormones can only be obtained from a compounding pharmacy with a prescription from your doctor. Our pharmacists at Apothecary Pharmacy can help you by speaking with your doctor and providing him with any information needed to provide you with your prescription for natural hormones.
Learn More About Natural Hormone Replacement Therapy
What are "Natural" hormones?
Natural hormones are hormones derived from either the wild yam or soybeans. However, this is not the reason they are called "natural." Natural hormones are hormones chemically altered in order to achieve the exact chemical structure as hormones normally produced in a woman's body.
Natural hormones are also called "bio-identical" because they are the identical duplication of the native hormones (Estriol, Estradiol, Estrone, Progesterone, Testosterone, and DHEA) found in the female body.
Since the natural hormones are bio-identical, they are not, as some people believe,herbs but rather are naturally occurring steroid hormones with the same physiological effect on the female body. Bio-identical or "natural" hormones cannot be patented because they are found in nature.
Why Use "Natural" Hormones?
There are many reasons for choosing products "natural" to the body:
1) Natural hormones have proven time and time again, both in clinical practice and in research, to be better tolerated than synthetic hormones with fewer side effects 2) Chemical structure makes a difference
Small difference between Estradiol and Testosterone but large difference in effect
Small difference in natural estrogen structure and synthetic estrogen structure - big difference in side effects - synthetic estrogen is much more potent
Small difference in progesterone and medroxyprogesterone structure - big difference in side effects
3) Provides the body with all three estrogen hormones needed by the female body (Estriol, Estradiol, Estrone)
4) Reduces or relieves symptoms associated with menopause, including:
Hot flashes and night sweats
Increased anxiety, depression, and mood swings
Vaginal dryness, vaginal atrophy, and painful urination
Loss of concentration and memory function
Diminished sex drive and painful intercourse
Loss of muscle strength
Frequent yeast infections
Recurrent urinary tract infections
5) Reduces the risk of heart disease by lowering LDL "bad" cholesterol and increasing HDL "good" cholesterol, decreasing blood pressure, and decreasing clotting factors
6) Prevention and reversal of Osteoporosis
7) Improves sex drive
8) Possible prevention of Alzheimer disease
9) Dosing is patient specific. Since natural hormones are compounded by compounding pharmacists each dose can be compounded to each person specific needs, whereas synthetic hormones (i.e. Conjugated estrogens and medroxyprogesterone) are limited to a few doses
Can Men Benefit From Hormone Replacement?
Yes, men suffer from a syndrome called "Andropause." Andropause involves the lack of Testosterone and DHEA production in men. Symptoms that are associated with Andropause include:
Reduced sex drive
Heart disease / Atherosclerosis
Prostate enlargement / Cancer
Slow wound healing
Poor concentration / Memory lapses
What are the benefits of Testosterone replacement in men?
Testosterone has been shown to have the following effects:
Enhanced erectile ability
Enhanced sex drive
Energy and vitality enhancement
Improved feeling of well-being
Reduction in body fat
Stronger bones and muscles
Possible relief from depression
Possible cognitive improvements
Dosage Forms Available for Natural Hormones
One of the biggest assets to natural hormone replacement is that the compounding pharmacist can compound a variety of dosage forms, including:
Sustained release capsules
To get more information about natural hormone replacement, call us.
Men can also benefit from bio-identical HRT such as enhanced sex drives, lowered cholesterol, reduction in body fat, and stronger bones.